Asian Heritage Society Manitoba
 The Asian Heritage Society of Manitoba
The Asian Heritage Society of Manitoba is an incorporated non-profit organization with members from the Asian Canadian communities.
Each year the Society assesses the outcome of the previous year's activities and determines which projects will be repeated and new projects added. Projects organized by individual Asian Canadian groups for May are encouraged and will be advertised in the brochure as part of the Asian Heritage Month program.
 Who We Are
The Asian Heritage Society is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals who help make Asian Heritage Month a success each year. In Manitoba our Asian Heritage Society consists of representatives from the Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese, Indo-Chinese, Korean and Filipino organizations.
2010 Executive Board
Past President: Muni Mysore
President: Rod Cantiveros
Vice President: Kiran Mysore
Treasurer: Harry Lee
Alice Fan Gil Buenaventura Janet Hirose Perla Javate Yenny Trinh Tammy Trinh Won Kim Yoon Kim Pamela Rebello Padmini Mathur Kamini Madansingh Fortunato Lim Priyanka Mysore Denise Koh Won Sonh Vincent Lee Ester Taruc Ester Tran Trang Do Jungwha Stellacci Rhia Alcantara
- Founding Member
 Participating Organizations
- India School Dance, Music and Theatre Inc.
- Kayumanggi Philippine Performing Arts
- Korean Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Magdaragat Philippine Association Inc.
- Manitoba Great Wall Performing Arts
- Manitoba Japanese Canadian Citizen Association Inc.
- Philippine Association of Manitoba
- The Indo-China Chinese Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Vietnamese Folk Dance Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Yellow River Chinese Association
- Flying Lion Dance Group
 Our Goals
- To bring together members of the Asian Canadian communities in Manitoba to participate in projects to celebrate Asian Heritage Month.
- To acknowledge the contributions of Asian Canadians to Canadian society through the arts, culture and heritage.
- To share the Asian Canadian arts, culture, cuisine, faiths and traditions with Manitobans.
- To develop cultural identity among Canadian Asian youths through the generations.
- To forge a working partnership between all Asian cultures in Manitoba.
- To foster understanding and appreciation of Asian culture within the Canadian mosaic.
 Expected Outcomes
Continue networking, communications and collaboration amongst the Asian Canadian groups as established last year by undertaking collective community projects Increase public awareness of the Asian Canadian cultures through food, education, music, dance and writings Highlight to the Canadian public the contributions made to Canada by Asian Canadians Develop partnerships with mainstream Canadian businesses to host the events Increase the involvement of Asian Canadian youth in the activities Share knowledge of Asian medicinal and meditative traditions that have become part of the Canadian milieu Reduce racism towards Asian Canadians through awareness, understanding and appreciation of the contributions made to Canadian society