Japanese Canadian Citizen's Association
Vancouver The following coordinate was not recognized: div><span class="errorbox">Fatal error: Parameter location must be a valid location.</span></div><br /><br />.The following coordinate was not recognized: div><span class="errorbox">Fatal error: Parameter location must be a valid location.</span></div><br /><br />. Literature Group
The Greater Vancouver JCCA is a non-profit organization representing the Japanese Canadian community in Vancouver and the surrounding area.
One JCCA purpose is to “protect and promote the past, present and future legal rights and democratic freedom of all persons in Canada regardless of race, religion, status or sex.” (JCCA Constitution 1985.)
Established in 1990 as a standing committee of the JCCA, the Human Rights Committee has been dealing with human rights, race relations and discrimination related issues. They also work closely with the Board of the JCCA, members of the Japanese Canadian Community and the public at large.
The Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association includes in its mandate:
- developing and maintaining a communication network with multicultural societies in Canada and internationally
- promoting the appreciation and study of the arts and culture of Japanese Canadians through the organization of community and cultural events
- educating the Canadian public about the history and cultural heritage of Japanese Canadians and the preservation of these values
- the education of the citizens of Canada in the various responsibilities expected in Canadian citizenship
- protecting and promoting the rights and freedoms of all individuals without any discriminatory practices
- and publishing a forum in the means of a journal for issues significant to its members, persons with Japanese ancestry and others of interest.