Meeting August 13, 2012
From Asian Canadian Wiki
 Meeting Minutes August 13 2012
- Design, Search function, Contact Us page
- Check-in from Researchers
- Geographical Representation
- Organizing content - use Aspects or create more categories
- Community portal
- Continuing on past September launch
- David will report on design on Thursday (16th) meeting.
ie: science, politics, arts, community organizations
- Rob - pulled out reports on the numbers in each category
- David - we'll look for broader categories for now
- Elena suggestion-
- Fine and Performing Arts: Visual, Multimedia, Literature, Music, Theatre, Dance, Film, Architecture, Fashion,
- Science and Technology: Science, Associations, Medicine,
- Communications : Journalism, Magazines, Associations,
- Society: Politics, Centres, Associations,
- Athletics: Athletes, Sports personalities,
- Research and Academia: Professors, Researchers,
 Check-in with Researchers
- Aiming to exceed our original goal of 400.
- Update your profile if necessary - adding pictures, update biographies
- Interest in recruiting volunteers for translating ACW material (esp. into asian languages). Janet has suggested contacts, Elena to contact.
- Banner for recruiting volunteers for translation
- Geographical representation - Rob will create profile about Asian immigration to Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut.
- Articles - Rob will write one, Elena will write one
- Elena will write press release/translation into French for September 10th
Approved until any changes are proposed.
 Contact Us page
- team [at] asiancanadianwiki.org
- Add note: ACW is volunteer-run. We aim for a 48-hour response time, however we cannot guarantee it.
 Community portal
- Add page with questions for the community to consider
- Need at least 5 pages total
Next meeting: Thursday August 16 2012 - Design meeting