Vietnamese Community Centre of Mississauga
From Asian Canadian Wiki
The Vietnamese Community Centre of Mississauga (VCCM) is a non-profit organization founded in 1985 to serve the Vietnamese community in Peel Region.
- To provide programs to enable the Vietnamese population to develop skills essential for integrating into Canadian society
- To ensure that programs and services provided by VCCM and other organizations in the region are accessible to the Vietnamese population
- To preserve and enrich the Vietnamese culture and tradition in harmony with multiculturalism.
 Settlement Services
- Assisting new comer living in Peel region to apply for SIN, OHIP, legal and financial assistance, non-profit housing and settlement-related services
- Organizing support groups for women, youth, and seniors to facilitate their integration into the mainstream society
- Providing settlement and counselling services for the community
Offering interpretation and translation services
- Providing probation counselling
- Assisting new immigrants in registration procedures for enrolling in educational institutions
- Co-operating with Peel Board of Education to provide Heritage language programs, E.S.L, Language and Skills Training, citizenship classes, mathematics, and computer classes
- Providing employment resources such as resume writing, essential skills, and job search techniques
- Holding seminars and workshops to inform the Vietnamese community of issues concerning the Canadian legal system and human rights
 Cultural Services
- Organizing cultural festivals, ritual ceremonies and Canadian celebrations
- Publishing newsletters to inform Vietnamese residents of community activities and events
 Sports and Other Activities
- Forming a community-based music ensemble to perform on holidays
- Organizing various local sport teams to participate in the annual North American Sports Event and other competitions
- Organizing picnics, camping trips and scenic sightings
This article based on content from http://www.cdvnmississauga.org/about_us.html.